CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Post-Graduate

So I am going to try to make this blog a bit more personal, I usually write on this and then in a journal because it is hard for me to really say what I feel on something that other people read haha but writing in my journal makes my hand tired. So here goes:

I wasn't really that excited to graduate high school more nervous of what would come after it. Its nice not having to go back to school, but I miss waiting to get out of the senior parking lot in the hot sun and calling Melissa and talking to her everyday during her break at work while I waited. I miss laughing so hard my stomach hurt at lunch with Kendra, Jake, and Sam Junior year. I miss being in dance with Kristen and Kaitlin, I miss long rehearsals, I miss taking funny pictures in ballet with Cara and Lainie, During track I miss how fun our girls team was. We would jump in someone's pool and go to play basketball instead of doing the run when the coach was gone. Someone would always tell on us and we would get punished for it the next day. I remember feeling like I was gonna die, but doing it again a few weeks later. I miss waiting in the junior parking lot because it was freezing and listening to funny talk shows with jake, I miss sister roses seminary class and me and kendra always making jokes.

After Graduation its like everywhere that I thought was familiar became unfamiliar and new people came and took my place. Places where I used to belong, I didn't belong anymore. I feel more unsecure now than I did in high school and I am very scared to move away for the first time to a place where I do not know anyone and live with people that I have never met. At times I get really excited and can't wait and then other times I want to savor the last moments I have in my house, with my family. I feel like I am going to miss out on everything, most importantly Rhett's baptism. Ally's Birthday, Rhett's Birthday, Thanksgiving. I am sad that I am not going to really continue dance because all the college offers is a Ballet II, but at least it has that! and the teacher said that I could take it on pointe! When I think about not dancing it makes me want to cry! On a different note. I am having fun picking out plates, bowls, and other fun things for my apartment! I know I will make really good friends and have lots of fun! I feel like BYU-Idaho is where I am suppost to be and that everything will work out!

2 comments:

Sam and Melissa said...

Brit, you will LOVE college. You will meet so many people that will be your best friends for a loooong time. And the good thing about BYU Idaho is that no one is from Idaho, so everyone will be away from their family just like you so you'll all get really close.

Kendra B. said...

Brittany, you make me want to cry. Even though we won't be in the same exact apartment, I'll be right down the street. We will have so much fun and still make fun of "jewish trivia" and moments that are "so cute" :) You're the best, everything will work out! I'm excited for us, we will rock BYU-I!