CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Recital

On June 20th I had my last recital! It's always kind of a relief to finally perform after rehearsing for months, but this time it was kinda sad! I am not sure what I am going to be doing with ballet when I go to college besides taking 1 class next semester! Thinking about stopping makes me want to cry! I love the feeling I get when I am performing, its so fun. The first act was the ballet Coppelia and I was in chardust-a hungarian dance of some sort, and then I had a solo as Prayer and then the finale. Usually the music for Prayer is sped up 20%, but at both rehearsals they were having problems with it so I was practicing with the slow version! My dance has TONS of bourrées on pointe so my feet were pretty blistery! I am also starting to get bunions-ew! Luckily, they had it fixed on the day of the recital! The second act was called Coast to Coast and I did a jazz solo to a song called bottle it up. I am so glad that I decided to do dance, it has opened up so many doors, I have made many friends, and it is so much fun! After the recital, we went to see UP which is a cute movie! It was the best day ever!

After the Show:











2 comments:

R A C H A E L said...

Wish I could have seen it! You look beautiful!

Unknown said...

Brittany you are an amazing dancer! You did such a good job.