CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

CES Fireside

We had the coolest fireside last sunday it was broadcast to BYU-I. Elaine S. Dalton spoke and I wanted to share some of the amazing things she said and some of my thoughts!

*She spoke a lot about how we live in a time where we must lead the world in a return to virtue. She said, If we do not have integrity we cannot have virtue.


* Integrity in our dress, in our swim wear-Satan tries to tempt us into thinking that we need to show off our bodies, how we choose to dress when those who we know would disapprove of our appearance arn't there to see us. We must be worthy to enter the temple.


* There were no neutral spirits in the war in heaven and there can be none now. She said we are an organic generation, our society takes measures to stop pollution and contamination of water, but we allow it in our media.


I love being at a church school! The devotionals and firesides are all so inspirational, I think starting each class with a prayer is so cool! Calling our professors brother and sister is a little weird, but I am getting used to it haha!

2 comments:

larainydays said...

I'm so glad you like it up there Brittany. I think the campus is so beautiful and I agree about attending a church school. It is wonderful to hear good talks and have prayer in school.

Sam and Melissa said...

I love you updates Britt. Sounds like you are doing great. I can't wait to visit you.