CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cake

If I never see another cake again, it will be too soon. So my friend Kamala and the food network inspired me to try to make a fondant cake! It is quite typical of myself to jump right into complex things instead of starting with something simple. So I decided I was going to make a 3 layer fondant ocean cake with chocolate cake filled with chocolate chip buttercream, sugar coral and gram cracker sand. I set out to work at about 4 and worked until about 7. I used a great fondant recipe that involved marshmellows and tasted really good. Lets just say, food network is deceiveing because it is not as easy as it looks!! The filling tasted really good, but it was not firm enough so as I layed the fondant, it seeped out the sides making part of the fondant tear. I decided to take off the top layer and make that a separate cake, and then make the bottom two layers into a birthday cake for Rhett, he loved it!


Not quite was was intended... The top represents the beach...














I knew that Rhett, Ethan, and Kade would like any cake with juju fish on it. haha!

2 comments:

Kamala said...

aww. I'm honored that you are somewhat "honored" by me. haha. I suppose I should have warned you that it takes alot of time and patience. but good work on your first fondant cake. I think I've mastered the polka dots but that's about it. I attempted a zebra cake but it didn't look right. lol.

see ya in a few days!!

Sam and Melissa said...

Wow Britt, looks like a hurricane hit that ocean :) Ha ha. Does look pretty tasty though, I bet the boys loved it!