CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Conference Weekend

I have the best sisters! Last weekend I rode down to Utah to visit Melissa! I got a ride with a girl off the ride board. Thankfully, she was normal! This is the conversation I had with my dad right before the trip:
D: Does she have a reliable car?
B: Daaddd, I am sure she does...
The next day I meet her in the parking lot of the Hinkley, I am not sure who she is, but surely she is not the girl with the 1985 teal Honda hatchback... Yep. As we turn onto the freeways she says "lets say a prayer" she told me to say it so I said it and afterwards she enthusiatically remarks "ok good, now we can relax, this cars livin' on a dream and a prayer!" Lets just say I am surprised we even made it out of town, haha! Everytime we entered onto a freeway she put the petal to the metal and the car sounded like it was a rocketship about to explode, it probably looked like one too! haha but I'm not complaining I am grateful that I got a ride to visit Meliss!!
While we were driving we saw numerous BYUI students heading up to Utah for conference as well. One of which was a car with 2 guys who were holding up a sign with their phone number on it. One of the girls made a sign with her number on it and sped up until we were even with the car. They called her phone and as she was talking, I realized that they looked familiar. I figured out that they were in my ward!
We made it to Ogden, and Melissa picked me up at a Best Western. We then went to a fun bonfire with her friends and roasted marshmallows!
The next day Melissa, being the amazing cook that she is, made swetish pancakes with raspberries and coconut syrup!! It was SO good! We then watched conference, longboarded, and ate at cafe rio! We went shopping and went to costco where I got enough food to last for a couple weeks! That night we watched The Bourne Identity and ate pizookies! The next day we headed out bright and early to try and get tickets to conference! We made two signs: One said we needed tickets and the other was slightly desperate : "from out of state and have never been" haha It worked like a charm, even though we were standing by tons of other people with signs, we only had to smile big and within 20 minutes we had 6 tickets-3 for the morning session, and 3 for the afternoon!! I was really excited, going to conference was an amazing experience, there is such a cool spirit there, I want to go every year now! Afterwards we had a really good lunch on temple square and then drove back to Odgen. Melissa made the best dinner ever!-honey-lime enchiladas!! I miss her good cooking now that I am back at my apartment, but she sent me home with my fav bread, raspberries, and the leftovers! Melissa is so fun, nice, and an amazing cook! I had such a fun time!





















1 comment:

Brooke said...

That sounded like so much fun!! I'm glad you guys got to do so much together, I bet conference was really neat. Melissa makes the yummiest things!!