CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sand Dunes

I thought Saturday was going to be really boring, but it turned out to be super fun! I seriously love my FHE group! I went over to Kamala and Ashley's apartment to get help with my Excel project and Jesse was over and wanted to go to the dunes with everyone! So after we all finished our homework we headed over to the dunes around 3! It was me, Kamala, Ashley, Valene, Stacy, and Jesse. The dunes are gorgeous! The minute I stepped on the freezing sand I felt like I was in Egypt! We walked for a ways and trudged up giant hills and found the perfect spot! We had fun jumping off the giant hills and landing in the soft sand! Being around all the sand reminded me of the poem "footprints in the sand"






















One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering fromanguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord, “You promised me Lord,that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always. But I have
noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?” The Lord replied,“The times when you have seen only
one set of footprints in the sand,is when I carried you.” -Mary Stevenson)

So I had the idea for the perfect picture! Me and Kamala walked next to each other and then just Kamala walked up the hardest part-the hill. Symbolic of how the Lord helps us during the hardest parts of our life! I took the picture and added this quote! I want to make it bigger and put it in my room!

Here are some pictures from the rest of the day:









We tried to take this picture from a cool angle with the camera timer, but it was really windy and the sand was blowing in our eyes. I like it though!






































Lovin' the Idaho wind! haha not!









We also had a rad time turning Ashley and Valene into Mermaids! Jess, wasn't so lucky, I tried to convince him to be a merman, but he didn't have quite that much confidence. haha! Sooo he started out as a muscle man, but ended up a sumo type blob.





The sand was SO cold! I thought my feet would freeze!



After the sand dunes we went to see UP at the dollar theater! It was so fun! Have I said how much I love byu idaho? haha! its the best!

2 comments:

larainydays said...

Great pics Brittany and it is so fun to see what you're up too. I'm glad you're having fun and working hard. You are aren't you?

Brittany said...

haha! yes it is so fun! my blog would appear to be just fun and games, but it is only about 10% of my life the other 90% is homework and labs!